In my opinion, too many of us live our lives' in fear. We think to much about every little thing that could possibly go wrong. Especially when it comes to new adventures. I believe that this usually results from a lack of faith, we seem to think that we can control our own lives' and consequences. By avoiding what may be risky situations, we think we can avoid heartache. However, I believe we should live with an entirely different perspective. Living with an eternal, outward focused perspective is key. Although I have not reached perfection in this area, nor will I ever come close, (who ever will?) I think that I have a minuscule understanding of what it could look like. To use my life to love others and further God's Kingdom with only the limits that He gives me; that is where I can find contentment. By using the talents and passions He has given me, I can make an impact on this world, if only I can forget about what limits I put on myself and let Him take me further. This also happens to be one of the easiest things to say, but the hardest to follow through on. However, there's one phrase that reminds me what I have been placed on this earth for:
"I am bulletproof until God calls me home."
I heard this quote during a sermon a couple years ago (I remember absolutely nothing else from this sermon) and it has stuck with me ever since. If this one phrase has stuck with me for so long, and impacted almost everything I do, then I think it is worthy of being shared. I have been working since the day I heard this to make it my motto, the thing that drives me. This small phrase brings me so much comfort, both in the midst of trials and when making decisions. I hope this to be my encouragement and reminder of hope as I continue in life and dive deeper into ministry. God calls us to be His hands and feet on this earth, to share his love with those around us, and to "go make disciples of all the nations." (Matthew 29:19a) Unfortunately, many of us see the prospect of going oversees to persecuted nations as too dangerous and risky. However, we are not masters of our own circumstances, who are we to say what is too much for our God? After all He is the creator of the universe. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I saying that we should be stupid about what risks we take. But what I am saying is that if we are called to take risk in order to further God's Kingdom, we should consider prayerfully what great things God might have in store. And if you do decide to take that risk, I believe that God will be using your life in a way that will impact others. To finish I'll leave you with one of my favorite encouragements Paul gives us,
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:20-21)
No comments:
Post a Comment